Total Time played in stats

Hi- It would be nice to have all the times of each round added together so we can see how much time we spend using the app per language. Alternatively, \I just realized I could easily jot these numbers down myself and keep track. After 3 years I still think this app is the best for learning to read a foreign language and reccommend it to everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, I’ve been wanting to have this, now I guess I’m a bit afraid to have access to the numbers lol. Anyway when you jump on and off on small occasions, it’s a bit tedious to write down the numbers oneself.

2 Likes

Are you using the app or the web version?
On the (mobile) web version you can find Totals -Time played under ‘Stats’. Afaik this is the time per selected language.

1 Like

Great, I just saw that. Thank you!

1 Like

I have reason to believe this statistic isn’t accurately reflecting the time you spent on the app.
I find that the time shown at the end of a round is always smaller than the time I really spent, sitting down from first sentence to last sentence. Perhaps it does not take into account the loading time, and the time between sentences? (I usually play with audio first, so loading the sentences does take a non-negligeable amount of time)
This gets more and more obvious as the numbers grow: for Chinese it says I’ve spent under 30 hours, while I clearly spent waaaaaay more than this, considering I have for mutliple weeks spent over three hours a day on it.

1 Like

I’m not sure any of the stats have been correct since the upgrade. This is what mine say for sentences played in French from English:

but this is what it says in my dashboard:

I certainly wouldn’t trust the time if the sentence count is as far off as that.

2 Likes

I just played a round that it said took 2 minutes and 49 seconds, but I stopped for 10 minutes in the middle and did other things. That time definitely wasn’t counted, so it must count only what it considers active use.

1 Like

I figured the same. This could be improved by stopping to count the time maybe after thirty seconds of inactivity.
My reasoning is:
I almost always take a little time after having answered to read the sentence again, trying to ingrain it in my head. Sometimes, a confusing sentence might require checking a word in the dictionary too, or googling something, after having flipped the cloze, which I believe counts as clozemaster play time too, since its origin stems directly from the app.

1 Like