Text-to-speech options off?

Since a few days, the text-to-speech feature in the android app has changed. Before I had the possibility to choose between ~20 different “speakers” and more importantly I could set the speed from maybe 0,5 till 2,0 the normal speed. This speed setting is now gone, and although the recent “speakers” are really good now, their speed is just way to slow.

Anybody know anything how I can speed up the text-to-speech again?

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for posting. Version 2.5.4 should have the voices and the speed option back, along with an option to toggle between Clozemaster voices where available and your device’s available voices. Curious to hear what you think and if you’re still seeing the issue after updating. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi there!
First of all, thanks for the update, the app looks really great now!
Unfortunately the Text-to-Speach-Feature is changed again, i can still change between different speakers on android, but is no possibility to change the speed of my device’s voices.
Would it be possible to re-add this setting again?
That be heavily appreciated :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting! Yep we’re working on getting the ability to change the TTS speed added back - what speed options do you prefer?

3 Likes

Oh that’s great that you are already thinking of bringing this feature back :smiley:
I personally really liked the way it was in the old version, the bar where you set the speed between 0.5 and 2.0 in 0.05-steps.
Thanks a lot for your work!

2 Likes

I’m also very keen for the option to change the speed to be reinstated. I used all the different options that existed before - 1.25, 1.5, 2x.

I don’t see the option to change between different voices any more - how are you doing that, @Tarob?

1 Like

@kadrian: there’s an option ‘Use Clozemaster voices’. If this is toggled of, i get a drop-down-menu of my device’s voices.

1 Like

Thanks. I have one option in the drop-down box, which gives me a woman’s voice that isn’t as clear as the Clozemaster option for a woman’s voice used to be. I’m looking forward to the return of the extra Clozemaster voice and speed options!

1 Like

I thought these voices in the dropdown-menu are not from clozemaster, but from the device (eg google on android), but i may err here.

1 Like

I only seem to have an option (on the web version) to use one Clozemaster voice. I thought it used to alternate between a man’s and a woman’s voice, which I’d prefer.

1 Like

For which language pairing? You should be able to turn off the Clozemaster voice (which may consist of multiple voices depending on the language) to be able to select a system voice (or set it to Random for a random system voice to play each time).

1 Like

For French from English. From my computer, my only system option is “Random”, and it only gives me the same male voice I get when I have the Clozemaster voice on.

1 Like

Thanks for the Android update!
I can learn with an speed of 1.5 again :grinning:

2 Likes