Sync has stopped working (mostly fixed)

After upgrading to version 2.6.6, I am not able to sync any collection, neither individually nor using the new “Sync All” button: the app gets stuck showing “LOADING Sending updates to server …”. The “piano keys” keep moving, so it is probably not dead, but there is no way to stop it other than to restart the app.

Update 1: I find that downloading collections does not work either, getting stuck on “Generating download…”.

Update 2: Trying “Sync All” (Danish from Spanish) about one hour later, it got stuck on “Updating collection undefined (1/2)…”. After a restart, the “Sync All” button was gone. I can’t really tell whether the sync was actually performed or not.

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for letting us know! Working on a fix.

2 Likes

Thanks again for letting us know! It was an issue with our server that should now be resolved, and we’re working to get a fix in place to prevent it from happening again. If downloading or syncing gets stuck again or you notice any other issues please let us know.

2 Likes

“Sync All” is still getting stuck on “updating collection undefined 0/3”. Individual sync of the only unsychronized collection worked though.

1 Like

I tried “Sync All” today after playing one of my 11 downloaded collections in the Finnish from Swedish course: it got stuck displaying “Updating collection undefined (0/11)”, and I had to restart the app. After that I just synchronized the collection I had been playing, without any problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up! We put out 2.6.7 yesterday with a potential fix. Please let us know if you’re still seeing the issue with Sync All there.

2 Likes

Version 2.6.7 works better, but I am still seeing the same issue in courses that have multiple downloaded collections.

1 Like