Review Times Over One Year

I quite like the new custom review settings, however, I noticed the text below while editing a sentence. Are all the three settings: Hard, Normal, and Easy all meant to be over a year? Have I misunderstood something here?

Next review:

• 2021-06-29 if Hard is selected
  • 2021-07-24 if Normal is selected
  • 2021-08-11 if Easy is selected

– Edit –

Clozemaster uses a spaced repetition system to help you remember what you learn. Intervals are set to 1 day (25% Mastered), 10 days (50% Mastered), 30 days (75% Mastered), and 180 days (100% Mastered) by default.

What I assumed Hard, Normal and Easy meant is Hard would be less than 180 days (say 30 days), Normal would be 180 days and easy would be 2-3x 180 days.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! The thinking is that Hard/Normal/Easy would always result in the next review interval increasing, just by different amounts. If you wanted the review interval to decrease you could reset the sentence back down to 0% or change the percent mastered when editing the sentence (pencil icon after answering).

There’s more discussion in The 100% learned issue, and suggested solutions - Questions, Suggestions, Feedback - Clozemaster. It sounds like we’ll likely reduce the initial multiple (rather having Normal double the 180 days), and spread out Easy/Hard a bit more (have more of a difference - perhaps Hard initially increases the interval by 1.2x, Normal by 1.5x, and Hard by 2x).

Curious to hear what you think - thanks again!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, @mike. For me, there are some new words that I find quite difficult to remember, plus, I set myself the goal of being able to recall them without hesitation and with accents in the correct position. As you might imagine, this may take me several goes at it before I have a new word mastered. Up to now, I’ve been reseting sentences back to 0% if I’m not able meet this level.

Bearing this in mind, sentences I find hard I’d prefer to see them again relatively sooner, rather than later. So, I’ll probably apply ‘Easy’ to sentences I feel comfortable with and reset the rest until I feel comfortable with them too.

4 Likes