Error Message When Trying to Flag a Sentence

Keep getting an error message when trying to flag a sentence that says it worn submit. Anybody else with this issue? iPhone using chrome.

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the trouble! What’s the error message say? If you see it again might you be able to post a screenshot?

2 Likes

Thanks if it does it again today I’ll take a screenshot!

2 Likes

Update it seems to be working now, have been able to flag sentences without issue.

1 Like

I see this occasionally, too (using the web version with Firefox/Windows and Chrome/Android). Is it possible that the error only occurs with sentences that we have already flagged? I suspect this may be the case because (1) sometimes it happens to sentences that I can’t remember whether I’ve already flagged and (2) once it happens with a particular sentence, it keeps happening with that sentence.

Here’s an example of a Russian → English sentence for which I see the error:

Посольство не предоставляет убежище политическим {{беженцам}}.

I can’t remember whether I flagged it earlier.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! We’re having some trouble reproducing the issue for sentences that have already been flagged. Do you recall in what collection you saw/reported Посольство не предоставляет убежище политическим {{беженцам}}.? If it should happen again might you be able to post or send us a screenshot?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know which collection it came from. Yes, if it happens again, I will post or send you a screenshot.

2 Likes

Here’s a screenshot:

Text: Гнилое дерево не годится на столбы, подлый человек не годится в {{начальники}}.

Translation: Rotten wood is not suitable for pillars, a vile person does not fit into superiors.

I’m not sure whether I’ve flagged this sentence in the past. I might have.

As you might be able to see from the screenshot (if you enlarge it, or squint), I was recommending that the translation be changed to “Rotten wood is not suitable for a pillar; a vile person is not fit to be a manager”, which it is at Tatoeba now.

This is on Firefox/Windows. I also saw a similar error with other sentences twice on Android/Chrome, but wasn’t able to take screenshots.

1 Like

Got it again:

Text: {{Контраст}} сразу же бросается в глаза.

Translation: The contrast immediately springs to eyes.

I don’t think I’ve ever reported an error for this sentence, since I would have fixed the sentence at Tatoeba at that time.

UPDATE: I ran into this yet again. It seems to happen at least once a day for me.

UPDATE: Got it yet again:

Мне нужна комната с двумя .

I am looking for room with twin beds. [sic]

2 Likes

I have given up reporting errors, since I always get only a generic error message. This is using the browser; I haven’t been using the app in a long while.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! We’re still having a bit of trouble reproducing. We’ve updated the error message to show some more info - could you please post another screenshot should it happen again?

2 Likes

This happened when I was reporting bad audio for “Semplicemente girati.” in Italian from English.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know! Do you recall which collection you were playing?

1 Like

Well, since Review All still doesn’t tell me which collection a sentence comes from, I’m sorry I cannot tell. Hint, hint :slight_smile:

Update: I actually think that’s the problem, that Review All perhaps doesn’t have a link back to the source collection.

2 Likes

Another example:

Sentence (Russian to English): Многие люди пишут о своей {{обыденной}} жизни.

It’s probably from the “>50,000 Most Common Words” group, but I encounter it during “Review All”.

I often click on the link that says “This sentence is originally from Tatoeba. Please click here to update it there” in order to report the problem to Tatoeba before I try to report it to Clozemaster. I wonder whether people who are unable to reproduce the problem are not clicking on that link first. It’s also possible that they’re not using “Review All”.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help! We put up a potential fix - we were able to reproduce the issue when playing Review All. Please let us know of course if you get the error message again.

2 Likes

I didn’t run into errors with any of the five or so sentences that I flagged after you announced the potential fix. Previously, I would have probably seen at least one. This is encouraging.

3 Likes