Error loading progress data

“Oh no! There was an error loading progress data. Sorry about that. Please let us know if you see this message again.”

This occurs all the time with the Clozemaster app on the iPad. Any way to avoid this? Killing and restarting the app only helps for a few minutes.
-Thanks, Fotino

Oops, the name (almost) says it all, no!? Grazie ai santi for the mis-spell.

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the trouble! For what collection and mode are you getting the error message? When was the last time it occurred? Does it seem to follow any pattern, or does it just happen randomly/occasionally?

The failure happens consistently on the iPad Air 1 with 32 Gb memory, running the Clozemaster iOS app, for more than one collection. This happened yesterday. Trying the same thing on the newest iPad Air (3rd generation, 256 Gb memory), it no longer fails. So perhaps Clozemaster runs out of memory? I am learning Greek. Thanks for your answer.

1 Like

Same problem now occurs on the new, faster iPad as on the old one.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up! It seems like you should have more than enough memory. You mentioned playing Greek - what collection are you playing when this happens? Are you playing listening or vocab, and multiple choice or text input? Any patterns / are you able to reproduce the error, or does it seem to happen randomly?

CM is being enormously glitchy this morning (Friday, NZ time). Refusing to load (either specific windows or the whole app - and doesn’t matter whether it’s app or online) and dumping progress. Quite frustrating. CM seems to have “phases” where it does this. There is no discernible pattern that I can detect. It can be at any time on any language. There is more than enough operating memory on my phone, so it can’t be that - Plus, it works most of the time.

I know very little about these things, but I have noticed that other pages and apps which I have used, and which have suffered similar problems, often end up laying the blame at the foot of their servers. Sometimes they even go so far as to change servers, at which point the problems do in fact disappear.

1 Like

…aaaand as soon as I wrote the above, managed to play several rounds without incident.

My new theory: sunspots :+1:

2 Likes

That, or Backfeed Betty resents getting out of her digital bed to work in the NZ timezone.

2 Likes

Sunspots sounds good :slight_smile: But yes we did have a bit of a rough 24 hours there.

We’re going to do the same in this case. At the moment we’re experiencing some more growing pains than usual that we’re working to resolve. It’s a constant game of whack-a-mole, but we should be able to reduce the frequency. If it happens again please let us know.

2 Likes

If I had to say when the glitches happen most, it’d be early morning in New Zealand - which is what, evening rush hour for the eastern US? If that’s a factor at all :woman_shrugging: - I know that even on my island of ~1m people, everything slows down when the kids get out of school.

1 Like