Direct link to sentence at Tatoeba still missing

I am still waiting eagerly for the direct link to the source sentence at Tatoeba. I am making do with selecting the whole sentence, having to exclude some punctuation before pressing the Tatoeba button.

This is tedious and error-prone, forcing Tatoeba to perform a costly and slow database query instead of a direct lookup. Sometimes, the sentence will not be found, since it has been subsequently modified, or it may be an orphan that will not be returned by default. All those problems could be avoided by a direct link.

For those that don’t know it, Tatoeba is the source of the sentences you find at Clozemaster. If you have any doubts about a sentence or translation, it helps a lot to see the sentence at Tatoeba; there might be some discussion, you can ask questions, you can see other translations, and the sentence may have been changed after being picked up here.

2 Likes

I miss it too. Clicking on the direct link used to be my first course of action if a sentence or translation didn’t seem right to me.

2 Likes

And it’s back! Thanks for the reminder. We’ll still need to get it added to the mobile app at some point.

2 Likes

I am hoping it will make it into the next release of the app.

2 Likes