Hello cloze masters!
I’m excited to announce that custom cloze-collections are now in beta!
This feature allows you to create and play your own collections of cloze-sentences. You can currently add sentences via:
- Manual input (you add the sentence, select the missing word, add the translation, and a pronunciation if you’d like)
- File upload (TSV tab-separated value files)
- Searching and selecting Clozemaster sentences
- Submitting a word/phrase list and having Clozemaster auto-select sentences with the given words/phrases as the missing word
- Submitting a text and either adding the sentences from the text to your collection or using Clozemaster sentences auto-selected from the words in the text
You can see some screenshots here, https://imgur.com/a/UY2pCmT.
The goal of this feature is to give you more control over your learning, as well as allow you to create and play collections for topics and grammar we don’t yet cover.
Cloze-collections are currently only available for languages where cloze-reading is available (the same technology is used to auto-clozeify sentences) and they’re currently only visible to Pro subscribers. This feature is still very much in beta, so please let us know what we can do to make it better and more useful as well as if you notice any bugs.
Here’s some of what’s on the to-do list at the moment:
- Ability to reset progress
- Ability to ignore sentences (when playing shared collections)
- Notification or email when sentence processing is complete (for example when adding sentences from a text)
- Being able to specify multiple choice options for a given sentence
Looking to forward to hearing what you think, as well as if there’s anything we should add to the to-do list. Thanks for playing and happy language learning!